Oldcastle APG establishing operations in Fairfield County
More than $25 million investment will create approximately 100 jobs
COLUMBIA, S.C. - Oldcastle APG, a leading global manufacturer of outdoor living and building materials, today announced plans to establish operations in Fairfield County. The more than $25 million investment will create approximately 100 new jobs.
Located at 355 Commerce Boulevard in Ridgeway, Oldcastle APG's new, state-of-the-art facility will be the company's fifth South Carolina location. The Fairfield County operations will increase the company's hardscapes production capabilities in the Carolinas, an area of increasing customer demand and significant investment for Oldcastle APG. The facility will produce the Belgard hardscapes product line, as well as service a variety of professional and retail customers.
As an industry-leading manufacturer of outdoor living and building materials, Oldcastle APG maintains strong market positions in concrete masonry, hardscapes, bagged dry-mixes, lawn and garden and composite decking. The company's brand portfolio includes Belgard hardscapes, Sakrete concrete mixes, Amerimix mortars and MoistureShield composite decking, among numerous others.
The new facility is expected to be completed by September 2021. Individuals interested in joining the Oldcastle APG team should visit https://www.oldcastleapg.com/careers.
The Coordinating Council for Economic Development has approved job development credits related to the project.
- "As business continues to expand for Oldcastle APG around the globe and particularly in the Southeast, we are prepared to meet customer demand with strategic investments in our manufacturing facilities. As the leading provider of outdoor living and building materials in our industry, we look forward to strengthening our footprint with a fourth manufacturing facility in South Carolina." -Oldcastle APG President Tim Ortman
- "We're excited to welcome Oldcastle APG's newest manufacturing facility to South Carolina. The investment of more than $25 million and the new jobs they are creating are great news for Fairfield County and our state." -Gov. Henry McMaster
- "Oldcastle APG is a world-class company, and it speaks volumes that they have decided to locate their newest manufacturing facility right here in South Carolina. This announcement serves as another testament to South Carolina's strong business climate." -Secretary of Commerce Bobby Hitt
- "Fairfield County welcomes Oldcastle APG to our community. These new jobs and capital investment represent hope and prosperity. Oldcastle's decision to locate in Fairfield is testament to our location and our labor force. We are committed to our partnership with Oldcastle APG as they grow their business and create opportunities for our citizens." -Fairfield County Council Chairman Neil Robinson
- "Today's announcement is an exciting win for Fairfield County and Oldcastle APG. A company known for creating products that build communities, Oldcastle APG's new facility in the Fairfield County Speculative Building will provide a foundation of opportunity for the local workforce." -Central SC Alliance Chairman W. Keller Kissam
- "We are pleased to welcome Oldcastle APG to South Carolina and the I-77 region. Oldcastle APG will be a tremendous addition to the outstanding manufacturing community in the state. We congratulate Fairfield County on this exciting announcement and look forward to continued growth in Fairfield County and the region." -I-77 Alliance CEO and President Rich Fletcher
FIVE FAST FACTS
- Oldcastle APG is establishing operations in Fairfield County.
- More than $25 million investment will create approximately 100 jobs.
- Oldcastle APG is a leading global manufacturer of outdoor living and building materials.
- Located at 355 Commerce Boulevard in Ridgeway, S.C.
- Individuals interested in joining the Oldcastle APG team should visit https://www.oldcastleapg.com/careers.
Source: S.C. Department of Commerce